Friday, November 04, 2005

Bukhansan National Park

Before work yesterday, me and another teacher at ENCT meet up to go for a hike in Bukhansan National Park. Keith had planned to go but woke up with a migraine:( So-Cherie and I headed out at 7:30am. We reached the park within 45 minutes of leaving the subway station in Ilsan and we were please to find that the park was so close! We had a great morning of hiking before catching a bus then the subway back to Ilsan. While we were riding the bus back to the subway station the bus driver asked us where we were going in broken english. I replied, "Gupabal." I obviously was not pronouncing our destination correctly as I had to repeat myself several times before he recognized the subway station name. Then he promptly pulled over and told us to get off the bus. We didn't realize what was happening until a few older ladies pointed to the bus stop accross the street and said, "next bus, Gupabal!" We were on the right bus only we were going the WRONG way!!!! We felt pretty silly but were thankful for their help. At least now I know to always pay attention to the direction of the bus as well as the bus number. This whole public transporation thing is new for me and i'm obvioulsy still learning! Cherie informed the rest of the ENCT teachers that I had taken her on a death march. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home