A great weekend...
This past weekend was awesome! We went back to Ghanyeon on Saturday with Corey for more climbing. We had an awesome day despite the 3 1/2 drive there that should have only taken 2 hours but traffic was insane. It was sunny, warm, and the crowd was manageable. We were able to meet a lot of people from the local climbing gym and enjoyed meeting other foreigners out for the day. This place is interesting b/c you never really know how hard the route you are climbing actually is. There is a chart with marked routes and ratings but i'm beginning to think the numbers really don't mean anything. I find myself flying up 5.10a's yet having difficulty on 5.8's according to their calculations. There is so much variation it's almost ridiculous so, we just find something that looks fun and go for it!
On Sunday Keith and I went on our first Epark hiking club trip. 8 students signed up but only 3 ended up with us on the day of our hike. We went to Bukhansan National Park which is only about 40 minutes from Ilsan. It was an incredible day. We had one girl and 2 boys. I thought I would have fun but I never imagined I would enjoy the day as much as I did. We played games, ate good food, and enjoyed warm weather in a beautiful park. It always feels so nice to get out of the city.
.jpg)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home