Friday, November 11, 2005

Japan

Yesterday we flew to Japan and obtained Korean work visas with the rest of the ENCT teachers. It feels so good to have this taken care of. We had a long day that began at 4:45am and ended at 12am however we enjoyed the 12 hours in Japan we had as we waited for our E-2 visas to be processed. We found a beautiful park with a lake that we walked around, visited a traditional Japanese garden, hiked around Fukuoka castle ruins, and played on the beach. I would have liked to have spent more time touring Japan and liked what little I saw. What was amazing about Japan was how unbelievably expensive it is! It costs an automatic $5 just to get into a cab, and a 15 minute cab ride from the airport was over $30! Thank goodness ENCT paid for everything:)

On another note, our classes will begin on Monday and the classroom that I have been assigned is decorated like a jail with actual bars included. This theme will be changed to a zoo asap however, I am trying to encourage the director to consider a garden or forest instead. We'll see. Our classes consist of around 8 children but sometimes there are less. I am very excited for classes to begin and I am enjoying working with Korean kids. ENCT is also getting much more organized and today we were given access to lesson plans! I am pleased with how everything is coming together and I am excited to see how all goes once classes begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home