Wednesday, November 23, 2005

A day at ENCT...

Today has been a great day. I just finished teaching one of my favorite classes. Students here get to choose an english name to be used while at ENCT. The class I just finished with had Pink, Ghost, & Monster in it. These are incredibly cute Korean kids around the age of 5 or 6. I love this class because they are soooo cute and very interested in learning english:) Other favorite kids here at ENCT with interesting and fun names are Lauren (whom I named after my best friend), Fred (he chose this name to our surprise), Frank, Julia, Sally, Irene, Alice, Chester, Teen, Harry Potter, Shine, Swan, and Sandy. When I have days like today I feel so excited to be here. I really love teaching and there is just something cool about acting out words that we are so familiar with and watching the kids as they begin to understand what I am doing! It's literally as if a lightbulb turns on! I love it. And then helping them to prounounce the words is hilarious. I love listening to them practice:)

This past weekend our fish Armin died:( But last night we got 2 new fish!!!! Armin II & Reinaldo. I am optimistic that these fish will have long lives. We are also planning to get turtles soon!

1 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger grahamski said...

Sounds like you guys are starting a zoo, or stocking up for a boat trip, two by two or something like that right?

Enjoy.
Graham

 

Post a Comment

<< Home