first snow...
As Keith and I were walking to work this afternoon we were delighted to encounter our first snow since being in Korea! It was, what I call, flurrying and what Keith seems to call dandruffing. Either way- the point is that it was snowing! :):) This did not last for long but I was happy despite the lack of accumulation.
This past weekend was laid back and I didn't really do anything on Saturday b/c I was sick. Keith took the day to explore Bukhansan National Park more extensively and I laid in bed holding my tummy wishing my body would adjust to my meat intake. On most days I can now avoid meat entirely however, last week we found a restaurant that serves increbible pork and we ate there twice. Big mistake.On Sunday I was feeling better and we went exploring our town. First we checked out some local outdoor stores near our house. In one store the owner invited us to join him for a cup of green tea which we happily accepted. We sat and sipped our tea as we communicated through a combination of pointing, drawing, and cherades. Our new friend spoke very little english and we speak very little Korean however, it was a great time and we ended up with a new pair of socks each that our new friend happily gave us! As it turns out, he is a member of a Korean alpine association/group and has a lot of information regarding rock and ice climbing in Korea. We will definetly be seeing him again.
On Sunday evenings we have dinner with a group of the other english teachers at ENCT. This week we ate at a Tofu/wild mushroom restaruant that was delicious! We were served a 12 course meal and there was so much food that I found myself stuffed before the main entree was even served! At first, my meat eating co-workers were weary of all the tofu but small amounts of meat were finally served and they ended up impressed with the tofu! I was in heaven:)
.jpg)
3 Comments:
Mel, i hope this finds you feeling better now. I have travel plans now for Dec. 30, will arrive in China on 31st. I miss you and look forward to seeing you soon. I love you, please take care.
dad
It snowed in Corvallis too! Well, it slushed more like it, but it was icy!
Ryan- Thanks for the recommendation however, i've already looked into it and there aren't any buddhist restaruants where we live. There are plenty in Seoul but none in Ilsan:(
Post a Comment
<< Home