Friday, January 06, 2006

Last Weekend with Becca

Today is friday and the beginning of Becca's last weekend here in Korea:( We have had a wonderful time hanging out and introducing her to Korean culture. Unfortunately, Becca arrived with a cold and has been sick for the entirity of her visit not to mention the fact that it has been very cold making outdoor adventures slightly unpleasant. Winter is simply not the best time to visit Korea. Despite these factors, it has been wonderful to have her here and I will be sad to see her go.

For New Year's we went into Hyewha (a neighborhood in Seoul) and met up with some of the foreign teachers we work with. We had dinner at an Italian restaurant and brought in the New Year together.

For Becca's last weekend here we are planning to go ice skating with some friends tomorrow and then to visit the Icheon Ceramic Village on Sunday. When we leave work today Becca will have Korean BBQ for the first time and I am anxious to see how she likes it. While Keith and I absolutely LOVE Korean food, Becca is not quite as keen to the taste of Kimchi and Korean cooking. However, she has drastically improved her skills with chopsticks. (Koreans use thin metal chopsticks which can make a person who is skilled and confident with chopsticks look clumsy initially. ) Well, i'm off for a weekend of fun! I will post pictures from her visit next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home