Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hepatitis A or B.....?!?!?!

This morning Keith and I went to the hospital so that I could get my second injection of Hepatitis B (there are 3 in all). We had a Korean from work call the hospital the day before to make sure they had the prescription and he wrote a short note explaining what I needed. What could go wrong right?! Well- after 45 minutes of waiting we were taken in to see the doctor. We both felt he understood what I needed because he was able to communicate in broken english. BUT...as we were walking to the room where I would get my shot Keith noticed an A on the prescription! I frantically pointed to the A and began saying B....B....B!?!?!?! I gave her my note expaining the injection I needed which she simply took and walked away with. The next thing I know a Korean woman is coming at me with a needle and I am asking Hepatitis B? Hepatitis B? She simply shrugs her shoulders (like how should I know i'm just here to give you the shot) and sticks my arm with the needle. YIKES?! I went and found Keith within moments proclaiming- I don't know what they just gave me!!! Did I just get an unneeded shot of hepatitis A or amidst all the confusion did I manage to get the correct injection?
When I arrived at work- the Korean who wrote the note I had shoved at every nurse in the hospital informed me that the hospital had called him and I was given the correct injection. Whew..........

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger grahamski said...

And that does not sound like thun. Glad it all worked out. Hope the weekend is going well and you both have a Merry Chistmas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home